Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Happy Birthday My Love!!!!

We made it safely to Jo-burg! And I'm excited to tell ya'll all about what we are doing here. The Joseph Project is affliated with YWAM so we are staying at their base and working with them. I thought space was limited at our base....I now share a room with 11 other girls. There are 2 regular bunk beds and 3 three-level bunk beds. We are crammed in there tight, but it's kind of cozy! We live in a house in the inner city of Jo-burg. It is EXTREMELY different from our base which was 10 minutes away from any town and from the remote villages of Zambia. But I must say I like it ALOT! We are involved with a lot of ministries here. There is another pre-school run out of the building we are staying in, which is nice, the children come to us every morning :). Half of our group works with the children and the other half of us are going to local schools and doing presentations on human trafficking awareness, complete with a drama and everything. We learned the drama and information yesterday and we have been practicing since then. We haven't gone to a school yet but they are contacting them and hopefully we will have several to go to this week. After lunch there are 2 after school homework programs that are run out of our base. One is for the older children, grades 4 - 7 and the group I am helping with is grade 0-3. They are so cute I might be taking one home with me! Friday we are going on a field trip to the park with them so it should be a lot of fun! We also are already involved with a church here. We went Friday night, Sunday morning and we will go Wednesday night, Friday night again and then Sunday. They are doing a series on the Holy Spirit and several people from our team have already taught or gave testimonies. It has been a good time getting so involved with everything. The people that work at the Joseph Project are amazing and so wonderful to us, I have really enjoyed it so far.
Well tonight is Taco Tuesday! We have kept the tradition going strong...I only have one thing left to say before I go for now.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYLI MARIE! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND MISS YOU!

I will update again soon now that I can get the internet again! Please keep praying for my team!

No comments:

Post a Comment