Sunday, February 14, 2010

Heatwave vs Snowstorm

Privacy.....such a simple word that I never thought could mean so much. Maybe it's the fact that I share a room with 9 other girls, maybe it's the fact that all 10 of us share the same bathroom, maybe it's the fact that our only free time is at night and we can't wonder off alone or maybe it's the fact that no matter where I am on base there is always someone within 10 feet of me. Either way it has started to become frustrating to me. The correct definition for privacy here should be putting in your headphones and ignoring the 20 people around you as best you can. It is overwhelming at times and I find my patience running thin, so I take a deep breath and put my headphones in or just walk away for a little bit. We had a free weekend and some of our leaders were gone house sitting. Some people on my team and the Swiss outreach team that is here went to town and to the mall. So our base was relatively quiet and it was so nice and relaxing.

While everyone over in the states is having a hay day with all the snow, we are over here having a heat wave. For the past three days the temperature has been in the high 90's, yesterday it was 38C which is 100F!! The heat has been taking all our energy away but our pool here helps. There is at least 15 people in the pool every afternoon. But Praise God it rained, or should I say stormed like crazy, last night and today it is much cooler. Hopefully it will continue to get cooler because Summer is almost over and sweating all night as you try to sleep isn't the most comfortable situation to be in. P.S. I am completely jealous about the snow, can't say I have ever seen that much in Texas. Plus my yahoo home page says it snowed in 49 states in one day! That is just unbelievable to me.

Well Happy Valentines Day to everyone! I am not the biggest Valentines Day fan but it has been a good day so far. The guys on our team are so sweet...we woke up this morning to flowers on the table in the pavillion with a note that said:

To all the DTS girls/ladies.
Please Know and Understand that you are precious daughters of Christ.
His Love for you is unconditional and everlasting.
Please take a flower each as a gift from God saying: I LOVE YOU!

How sweet and thoughtful of them. And I am happy to be God's Valentine :) And to top off this lovely Valentines day we have tacos for dinner tonight! My favorite meal here and we get it every Sunday night. Normally it's community night where we have worship and games, however our leaders have a meeting tonight (and they did last week too)so we are gonna have our own worship service tonight. Well I hope everyone has a Happy Valentines Day and don't forget on this day that represents love, God's love for us is uncondtional. He is the greatest Valentine we could have because no matter what we have done or what we will do he loves us the same today, yesterday and tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment