Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Just for Fun

So I thought I would just have some fun with this blog and talk about a few little things. Number 1...you will never believe what I found in South Africa?!?! Dr Pepper!!! I mean seriously I was thrilled. I even didn't care that it cost double the price of a Coke. I learned this little secret from some fellow Texans who live on the base. Apparently they can't live without them and knew exactly where to find them, so during small group yesterday we made a special trip just so I could get some. I got 3 to be exact. And I am going to cherish them. So I know everyone has been so worried and excited about all the snake stories. So I have a special one just for ya'll. After church on Sunday we had all sat down to eat lunch. There was some commotion going on with the guys over by some stairs that are by the kitchen.....much to my suprise and luck there was a snake sunbathing on the steps. I went over to see it and just for you I got my camera and took a picture of our little friend.

There he is just for the world to see. I even watched them kill him but no I did not take a picture of that. They cut off his head with a shovel, Thank the Lord. Our leader said he has never seen a snake like this one before so we have no clue what kind it is? But he's gone now so no worries.

And finally for the best story of all. Today we found out where we are going on outreach. So April 12th my team and I will be leaving for Zambia!!! It is bush country, there are no real cities just villages with maybe a shop or two in it. The houses are made from mud and grass bricks and grass roofs. The food probably won't be the best and we may be sleeping in tents. I can honestly say I couldn't be more thrilled about this. I'm ready to experience it in all it's glory. We will be there for 4 weeks and then we are going to Johannesburg for 3 weeks. We will be working with an orphan ministry feeding them and building houses for them. So exciting! In between we may just have time to stop off at Victoria Falls, the biggest waterfall in Africa. That would be amazing. Well it's way past my bed time. I hope everyone is doing great and I love to read your comments so keep them coming!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - the snake sent shivers down my spine. We know what you mean about the DP. We also got excited when we found it in Japan and Uncle Dave didn't care how much it cost. I look so forward to reading what you post and all of the excitement and enthusiasm you have. I love it. Have a great week. Much love, Aunt Yasmin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Yasmin that little critter shocked me!! I am so glad that you were able to find DP!!! Your future adventures sound amazing!! I hope you get to see the waterfall also, I bet it is beautiful! Love reading your blog, it has become my morning routine at work!! Don't tell! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing experience! I've been praying for you and have thoroughly enjoyed reading how powerfully God has moved and is continuing to move in your life!
    Be safe!
    Coach

    ReplyDelete